Your engagement party is the first of a series of events that will lead to the biggest day of your life. Naturally, you want this party to be amazing – but what are some of the things you should keep in mind?
We have seen some of the best engagement parties around, and we have some tips for you!
- There’s no specified date. You want to set this party early in the engagement, but not too early (i.e. not the very next day). Take your time to let everyone you love know you are engaged, so that you don’t take them by complete surprise when you send them an invitation.
- No rules about the guest list either. The future bridal party will be invited, together with your parents, siblings, and close friends and relatives – but you shouldn’t feel obligated to invite anyone else other than that, unless you want to. DO keep in mind that people who are invited to the engagement party will have to be on the wedding guest list as well!
- Location? Whatever you please. Since this can be a smaller event, it makes perfect sense to have it at home, booking a restaurant is also a nice option, or you can just plan a fun barbecue party over your parents’ house. Whatever works for you and your fiancé – same as the rehearsal dinner, the engagement party is usually one step lower on the formality level than the wedding, so if your wedding is going to be more on the formal side, you can be more casual with the engagement party.
- Plan some entertainment. Doesn’t have to be a big band or DJ – but think about hosting some games or sharing fun stories about the couple. If you are equipped with good food and drinks your guests will be sure to enjoy themselves!
- Work on your registry. Yes, it might seem too early in the planning process, but some guests might want to bring a gift to this party too – and a registry will help them choose something you will actually love.
Have fun! This is one of the most important moments of your life, you deserve to smile, laugh, and create unforgettable memories!